Serenity Mountain and Forest Lodge offers 4 spacious and luxurious thatched chalets that are romantically tucked away in the riverine forest overlooking the cascading mountain stream. The luxury honeymoon suites are secluded, romantic and spacious each with their own private deck. The cascading mountain forest stream through the lodge makes it an ideal location for a romantic and unforgettable getaway. On the Lake view side there is a further 2 Luxury Suites overlooking the Lake and majestic Matumi Trees. We also offer a 2 Bedroom Luxury Suite which accommodates 4 people and has it own private Boma area and Barbecue Facilities.
Serenity Mountain and Forest Lodge is situated in a valley surrounded by mountains. It is 12km outside the town of Malelane, 19km from the famous Kruger National Park. The Lodge and Restaurant are nestled in a bio-diverse Forest type eco-system, a combination of KwaZulu Natal and Mpumalanga.
Some of the forest trees date back to more than a 1000 years and with that comes an abundance of bird species, rare butterflies, tree orchards, dragon flies and natural roaming game which are found in this reserve.
Serenity promotes the African culture through the awakening of all your senses with: unique African gourmet cuisine, the smell of giant forest trees, the soothing sound of the cascading water that flows through the lodge, the endless different shades of green that surround you which gives rise to mystical forest tales.
Activities And Attractions:
- Two demarcated walking trails through the forests, over the Mountains, cascading waterfalls and breathtaking views.
- A bird watchers paradise includes the illusive Narina Trogon which breed every year at Serenity as well as the rare Eastern Nicator.
- Game viewing on foot.
- Private, romantic picnics arranged in a secluded piece of the forest with hammocks to relax on.
- Swimming pool or immerse yourself in the many cascading waterfalls and natural rock pools.
- Wellness treatments available in the privacy of your own Suite - to be arranged and pre-booked.
- Explore our haven of butterflies and trees that are more than a thousand years old.